Glen Miller Park
Main Street Entrance


This arch at the Main Street entrance to Glen Miller Park was constructed in 1912. Consisting mostly of boulders, it had the words "Glen Miller Park" in lights over the main arch, and "Richmond"and "Indiana" over the smaller arches. It is not known when it was removed, but a newspaper article from 1952 guessed that date as 1922. Click for larger image

Return to Lost Richmond index

 

Return to the Local History Home

©Morrisson-Reeves Library, Richmond, Indiana U.S.A.
http://www.mrlinfo.org

E-mail our Archivist archive@mrlinfo.org