|Named in honor of
Mrs. Harriet Bard, third
librarian and driving force behind construction of the current building,
the large conference room on the lower level is the venue for meetings, programs
and other special events.
On the north wall of the Bard Room are two portraits painted in 1908 by T. C. Steele (1847-1926) considered the dean of Indiana painters. The paintings depict Mrs. Caroline Middleton Reeves, whose gift initiated the 1893 renovation, and her daughter, Mrs. Mary Reeves Foulke, who also contributed a great deal of time and money to the library in her own right.